Skip to main content

Snow Day with Rory!

Okay so like I said before we have been on a snow break all week. (I still have slots left on my pay it forward post from earlier today!)

My dog has been going stir crazy so I took her out for some fun and pictures today.

While we were playing one of my Christmas presents got delivered. A stuffed animal version of my Rory!

Enjoy my animal indulgence for a bit!
Rory is not amused. 








Someone got a sour bite of snow



My favorite picture of Rory to date!

I stopped her mid sentence I guess. 


Dog Snow Angels!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Teaching Point of View with Video Games

I was looking for new ways to introduce point of view and I stumbled across a GREAT idea! Using video games! There are tons of video games in different points of view. Halo=First person point of view Mario 64= Second person point of view Tomb Raider=Third person limited point of view The Sims=Third person omniscient point of view A great video overview that I found:

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...