Skip to main content

(Mostly) Dollar Teacher Supplies


So I have been squirreling away as much money as possible since I decided that I wouldn't be resigning my contract at my old job. 

This week I got a new job so I decided to celebrate by going on a shopping spree (And I really did have myself a spree!)

I decided to share my finds with you guys in a few posts. 

This post is about the cheaper (almost) dollar finds. I got everything here for under $5.

First up....

Dollar Store Items

They only had these ice cream cups in VIBRANT orange so I will look for them in other colors at other stores. I thought these would be super cute to hold markers, pens, and pencils.

I found these laundry clip hooks. They came in the same basic colors that my classroom color coding system is in. I thought I could use command hooks to hang them and clip papers associated with each block. Or I could just use them to hang papers that are important to me!

I have been waiting for Dollar Tree to get these back in stock for YEARS. I love to paint the centers of them with Chalkboard Paint and use them to write fun messages. I could post them around the room or write the day's objectives on them. 

I am REALLY excited about these finds! Wall decals! The silver ones look really neat on chalkboards and the colorful ones will liven up even the most stark cinder block walls without doing damage!

Little containers....need I say more?

I adore these little cat pens....because I have a pen addition. Some women have a shoe addiction...I have a pen/marker addiction. The weirder....the better. 


I am super excited about this find. Apparently it works like an exact blade and leaves behind a line of color. I can't wait to try it out!

Michaels Finds
Chalk board talk bubble....love it!

I am not sure what I will do with these yet, but they were 50% off and cute. I think I will use them to store small office supplies like tacks and rubber bands.

Magnetic containers in cute colors!

Okay so I really don't know what I will do with these, but they were a dollar and I love glass bottles....Maybe I can put them on my classroom window sill and put a fake flower in each one. 

Same as above...I just couldn't resist. 


Staples Find
I needed a few business card holders to hold my Vista Print collection for the kids. 

Walmart Finds
Partially transparent sticky notes? Yes, Please!
LIKE!

Okay....my love of duck tape knows no bounds. I had never seen these before!


So I plan to make pen/pencil borrow boards this year like this one that I saw on Pinterest:


That started with $.88 cookie sheets. 

Next I will fasten these to the cookie sheets Pen and Paper holders
Car Door Magnets - Small by Vistaprint

These car door magnets will be placed on the cookie sheets and the business cards will be under them (using the business card holders from above!)

Target Find


Once I got this item home and saw how cool it was, I was sad that I didn't by more. 

It has so many potential uses:

Daily objectives
Reminders
Random fact of the day
Quotes
Shout outs
Student of the week display







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...