Skip to main content

Staples Engineering Prints

Last summer I decided that I wanted to re-do my bedroom. 

I painted the room purple, which i've always wanted to do, but the big thing I wanted was prints for my walls. 

I did a lot of research and man were prints expensive in the sizes that I wanted!

Finally, I learned about Staples Engineering Prints

They are super cheap, and actually print really nicely (even though the website claims they are not intended for photos). 

Take a look at how mine turned out (Don't mind the mess, this was still in the putting back together phase).







How I did it:
After my prints came in the mail, I went to Lowes and found This.

All I did was trace the print on the insulation board, cut it with a regular box cutter, and paint the edges of it with a Paint Sample that accented my walls. 

The last step was gluing the print to the insulation board. I liked this spray the best because I could reposition the print in case I didn't line it up just so. After I got it stuck on the board I pulled back each of the corners and used a glue stick to make sure it was really glued down. 

Then I hung them on the wall with Command strips!

I love how they turned out (especially the ones of my pups!) and for a fraction of the cost of what it would have cost!

I was thinking about getting some of my favorite quotes printed and hanging them in my classroom this fall...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Teaching Point of View with Video Games

I was looking for new ways to introduce point of view and I stumbled across a GREAT idea! Using video games! There are tons of video games in different points of view. Halo=First person point of view Mario 64= Second person point of view Tomb Raider=Third person limited point of view The Sims=Third person omniscient point of view A great video overview that I found:

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...