Skip to main content

TPT Challenge: My Masterpiece

When the TPT challenge came out last week to make our masterpiece, I immediately knew that I wanted to create a Step up to Writing prezi. I've been meaning to do it for about 4 years, but every time I started to make one, I lost interest. I do what I set out to do and created the prezi:



 Even though I know it is all just for fun, it really just kept bugging me to say that this product was my "Masterpiece"

That's when I decided that I should be spending my time working on my REAL masterpiece...my entire english curriculum. That has been my baby for the last four years and it needed a lot of updating and work.

I spent the last week and a half (even when I was on my mini vacation) re-structuring the entire curriculum, making sure my entire store was included, redoing the entire preview, redoing many of the products within it, and making sure that it really was more worthy of the title "masterpiece" (if I do say so myself).


If you want to check out the updates go: 

Flash Drive version too rich for your blood?

I do have a digital version!


Hope you like all the updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Teaching Point of View with Video Games

I was looking for new ways to introduce point of view and I stumbled across a GREAT idea! Using video games! There are tons of video games in different points of view. Halo=First person point of view Mario 64= Second person point of view Tomb Raider=Third person limited point of view The Sims=Third person omniscient point of view A great video overview that I found: