Skip to main content

Teacher Back to School Survival Kit for women


This year before school starts I am going to put together a "Back to Schoo Survival Kit".

Every year I always make do with what is in the bottom of my purse when I need something like gum, deodorant, change, etc... NO MORE, I SAY!

First I need to choose a bag. I am currently riding the crazy and I am into flamingos so I found these four bags on Amazon. Which one would you guys choose?


After choosing my bag I need to decide what items need to be in said bag. 

So far I have been thinking of these items:

Deodorant 
My classroom is always like the surface of the sun at the start of the school year so this is a MUST!
Tissues 
I use paper pots in my classroom that houses toilet paper for tissues. I am not ashamed to admit that I would like to keep a supply of the "Good stuff" in my survival bag.

Band Aids 
The amount of paper cuts that I get is just ridiculous so I definitely need some fun band aids!

Change
I always need change for an emergency soda or chocolate and I am always having to search the bottom of my purse. This year I am going to keep a roll of quarters in an M&M container (Perfect size) for just such emergencies. 

Chapstick
I am always losing chapstick...I think everyone does! So I am going to keep a stick in my survival kit!
Hair Ties and Bobby Pins
Another thing that I ALWAYS lose. I must have owned a million of these over my lifetime but at any given time I can't find a single one!


Gum/Mints
Need I explain?

Pain reliever
This is a necessity in ANY teacher's life!
Travel Lint roller
Animal hair, chalk, children all seem to gravitate towards my clothes like nobody's business!


Mini Brush
To go with those thousands of hair bands I have lost over the years. 

Stomach relief
Better safe than sorry!


Tampons
The amount of times I have been surprised by this at work is embarrassing. 
Lotion
Oh how I crave this whenever I don't have it!

Stain Remover
Oh how I crave this whenever I don't have it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...