Skip to main content

Wine Rack Pen Holders over the years


So seven years ago I found an old wine rack in my basement and it gave me an idea! I turned the wine rack into a pen holder by replacing bottles of wine with cups!


First Pen Holder

A few years later I decided that it was time to go BIGGER. I bough a bigger wine rack on Amazon (See below) and filled it with summer cups from Walmart.

Second Pen Holder
 Last year I decided I wanted to try one more look. I spray painted a wooden wine rack with glitter spray paint and I LOOOOOOOOOVE it!

 Third Pen Holder




If you are interested in making your own wine rack pen holder check out these posts below

Also, if you are not sure where to find a great wine rack I have scavenged to find a nice selection for you (And me in case I want to make yet another)

Click on the pictures to see on Amazon





Here are some tumbler options, but like I said I got mine from the Walmart summer section!

Click on the pictures to see on Amazon


Some of the spray paints that I have used in the past. I think if I make another pen holder I will use the marbleizing spray!

Click on the pictures to see on Amazon

               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...