Skip to main content

Wine Rack Marker/Pen Holder


A few years back I saw an idea on Pinterest to use a wine rack to hold cups that can hold pens and markers. I loved the idea, and I had a small wine rack hanging out in the basement, so I gave it a go. 

This six cup wine holder has been in my classroom for the last few years and I love it!

I decided that I wanted to go BIGGER!

I kept searching Amazon.com until I finally found one that I lurrrrved. 

Oenophilia Bordeaux Chateau Wine Rack- 23 Bottle


It took awhile to find cups at the right size (and price since I needed 23) but finally I found them at Walmart (I couldn't find them online, only in the store).  They come in packs of 2 for $1.98 each and are 29 oz. They fit PERFECTLY in the wine rack and the lips on the rims of the cups stop them from falling backwards in the rack!
Here is my completed project (sans markers and pencils because those are still packed away for the summer!)

I Love it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Teaching Point of View with Video Games

I was looking for new ways to introduce point of view and I stumbled across a GREAT idea! Using video games! There are tons of video games in different points of view. Halo=First person point of view Mario 64= Second person point of view Tomb Raider=Third person limited point of view The Sims=Third person omniscient point of view A great video overview that I found:

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...