Skip to main content

Funny Posters for the English Classroom


I was SUPER busy and overworked last year so I had to put aside making new things, blogging, basically anything creative had to fall by the wayside. I really missed it! :(

However, now that the school year is over for me (YAY!) I have been able to start a new routine that involves creating things again! I have a list a mile long of ideas of things I wanted to create for my classroom (and potentially yours) that I am slowly working my way through.

One thing I wanted to make sure I had ready to go for next year was fun and bright decorations for my classroom. There are not a lot of options out there for the secondary English classroom in terms of decorations (Believe me I have looked). They are either really cheesy or everything is surrounded by woodland creatures (Note: I have nothing against woodland creatures). 

I finally decided that it was time for me to make my own. I figured that at least that way I could put a humorous spin on them!


I am going to have these printed and displayed in my classroom in a few different ways. 


1. I am going to have a few turned into: Vista Print Window Decals

I have not tried having a window decal made yet so I am excited to see how it turns out. I think I will try to have some of the pink/purple ones done in a window decal so that the sun will really make them brighten up the room!


2. A few will be turned into: Vista Print Car Door Magnets
I have had some car magnets made there before and I LOVE them. They are bright, shiny, and were quality made. I love that they have held up from year to year.  

3. I think I am going to get all the posters turned into a: Walmart Poster Collage that I can hang by my desk (or maybe in my house for fun).

4. The remaining posters I plan to have printed into: Walmart 8x10 prints. These are only $2.84! I can get dollar store frames and hang them around my classroom with command strips or hot glue!

If you want to perk up your English classroom check out the full bundle here:
20 Humorous Posters for the English classroom

I'll write another post once I decorate my classroom later this summer! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...