Skip to main content

Friendship Goals

So in case you don't know about this blog I felt it was my duty to educate you:


I discovered her blog when I was going through one of my REALLY rough patches. 

She is so similar to me, and has so many of the same thoughts, that I started to wonder if maybe she really WAS me. 

Perhaps I was  having enough of a psychotic break that I didn't remember starting an entirely new blog.

Then I realized that this girl was a lot funnier than me. 

I think that if she and I met it would be the start of a beautiful friendship (As long as she isn't too bubbly and can understand that my face is just my face)

An excerpt from one of her most recent posts that made me laugh:

First year teaching VS. Fifth year teaching

Teaching will be just like Freedom Writers or Dead Poets Society!

Teaching is a mix of Cast Away, Children of the Corn, Mary Poppins, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Star Wars, The Sound of Music, Mr. Holland's Opus, Whiplash, Harry Potter, and Snakes on a Plane.

100% Snakes on a Plane

Awhile ago she also came up with an AMAZING week-long lesson based on "This American Life" which is what I listened to on the way to and from my 38 minute commute to my new job (When I wasn't hysterically sobbing, seething in rage, or listening to Ed Sheeran).


If you are still teaching and get a chance I would totally suggest looking over her student appreciation week lessons....and the rest of her blog. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...