Skip to main content

I'm getting older by the minute....


So today is my birthday. 

Birthdays always make me think more about numbers. Since I have been thinking so much about numbers I decided to make two "number" products. 

I decided that since it is my birthday I would do a couple of things.

SALE!

1. I am throwing a 20% sale at my TPT store from now until Saturday!
My TPT Store

Birthday Presents for YOU! 

2. Since it is better to give than to receive I am offering you guys two "birthday" presents. I am giving away both of my about me number activities from above if you do 1 or 2 simple things!

Here's how it works : 


  1. Like my Facebook page
  2. Follow me on Instagram
  3. Email me at: Mskcpotter@gmail.com with your Facebook name and Instagram name and I will email you BOTH the products for free within 24 hours! :)
  4. If you just complete one of the tasks above, email me the name of which of the two products you want. 
(Ends June 27, 2015)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...