Skip to main content

TPT Seller Challenge: Dare to Dream

So this week's seller challenge is to blog about our dreams for our TPT store. 

Here's what I think:

1. I want my TPT income to give me a sense of security, financially speaking. I like not constantly having to worry about money. I am a worrier by nature, so it is nice to worry about one less thing. 

2. I really don't do much. Most days I don't even get out of pajamas: 
I may be a home body and an introvert, but that doesn't mean I don't have a sense of adventure buried within me. I will say that I have been working on visiting more places recently.
I heard David Sedaris read. 
I took a trip by myself to the zoo to hang out with the giraffes.
I took the dogs to High Bridge Trail

I traveled to Philly to an Ed Sheeran Concert and also got to see The Magic Gardens. 

I went to D.C. to see Newsies and go to IKEA!

I've done more in the last 2 months than I have done in YEARS combined, but it makes me want to do MORE.

I am going to try to put aside a percentage of my TPT money to plan some small trips before my summer comes to a close July 31. Maybe I will even try to plan some weekend sanity trips AFTER school starts so I have milestones to look forward to.

3. This one is a long shot that will probably never come to fruition. It would be nice to eventually work from home one day. I like creating resources for teachers to use and I think that is probably what I am best at. However, I think I would worry too much about not having a steady paycheck. You never know though!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...