Skip to main content

Classroom Scratch off Lottery Tickets

So I was stalking Pinterest recently and found these classroom scratch off tickets.

I decided I wanted to see if I could try my hand at them myself. I am SUPER happy with the results and decided to do my own little tutorial!

The Cast of Characters (supplies you need):
For the actual scratch off part you will need:
 acrylic paint
dish soap
small containers for mixing
paint brushes


You need to use two parts acrylic to one part dish soap. I did not measure and just eye-balled it and it turned out fine!

I created a lottery ticket with prizes my kids would want and printed and laminated it (So I can use them over and over). ***Tip: When I make my next set I will vary the order the prizes go in so kids are not able to memorize the order. 

I used Frog Tape around the edges I wanted to paint, but for the next three cards I just painted by hand...it was soon much faster and easier!

Here is how they turned out!!!





SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...