Skip to main content

Tour of my VIPKid and GoGoKid Classroom!

So for Valentine's Day my present to myself was to buckle down and get my office/classroom/spare bedroom organized. My awesome friend came over to help me do it!

First, we moved the desk away from the wall so that I would have a place to put my decorations or my green screen. 


Then we decorated the wall behind me with these adorable color monsters. I figured they will be great to extend with on occasion as well. I have my name sign up and my white board for easy access. 

On my desk I have my flash cards in my handy dandy case! I also keep my name post it and my post it that I cover my camera with before classes in arm's reach. 

Directly under my keyboard I keep my squishy fruits. I found these at the Dollar Tree and it always surprises me how much I use them!


On my second tier, I keep my felt books from the Target dollar spot along with my Kindle Fire for showing Google Slides. 

On my left second tier I have my shark puppet!

On top of my desk I have my popsicle stick props that I have stuck into styrofoam from Michaels.  (I need to make some more props for sure. What is on y'alls must have list?)

 I also have my wine rack that I turned into an office supply holder to keep the things I use ALL the time close to me, like my microphone!


I just got these sticker books in yesterday and I am SUPER excited to start using them tomorrow for rewards!

Click me

My friend had a flash of brilliance and convinced me to hang shoe organizers on the side of my set of bunk beds to hold my other props/supplies!


There you have it! My newly organized and revamped classroom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,000 Pens update

My 1,000 pens came in the mail! I thought I would show you guys what they look like! Want your own cheap box of 1,000 pens? Click Here   To read that blog post On a side note I found an awesome recipe that I made tonight with Basil from my garden. I liked it so much I thought I would share it with you! Tomato, Mozzarella, Quinoa, and Basil Salad

Say what? Inference Oops

So I got my first cold of the teaching season. It is too early in the year to call in sick because I am trying to keep my routines and authority in place. I have been barreling through with this cold all week.  We started learning about inference this week. For the most part it has been going well.  We read "Made out of Meat" and then made inferences about the story.  The story is a conversation between two beings and their discussion about these beings they have just encountered who are, "Made out of meat."  The reader needs to infer that the being having a conversation are aliens and the beings made out of "meat" are humans. An adaptation of the story if you are interested: At the end of the story the aliens decide that they are going to, "Pretend like no one is home," and leave without making contact.  One of the inference questions I asked my students was, "Why were the aliens going to pretend like no one is home?" One block of my s...

Survivor Symbolism

So I have been watching old episodes of "Survivor" lately and it dawned on me that it would be a good way to do a quick review of symbolism along with a little activity.  At the start of every single tribal council the host, Jeff Probst, says, "Fire represents life on the island." I plan to ask my students why they think "Survivor" chose fire to symbolize life and how it symbolizes life.  I found a supercut of all the times that JP said, "Fire represents life" and plan to show part of it to my kids (Or all of them if I feel like really hitting the point home). I will then discuss with them the fact that at the end of each tribal council after someone is voted off the island they snuff out their torch. I will ask students what the symbolism of this is, why they snuff out the torch, and repeat the fire represents life phrase.  Here is a supercut of "The tribe has spoken"  As a quick little review activity I will ask students to come up wi...